Monday, November 13, 2017

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 11/13/2017 }


Hi everyone, I am so sorry this is going up so late today.

I've had my mother in law visiting, she arrived Sunday morning and spent the night with us, and she just left to go back home to Sherman.  I was going to try and get this posted early this morning, but I didn't get very good sleep last night and am dealing with a whopper of a headache, so slept in a little later than usual, then made a delicious breakfast for me and her and we've just sat and visited, chatted and enjoyed each other's company this morning.

I'm so sorry, but I know you understand :)

Right, let's not waste anymore time and jump right in.



Breakfast time....what is on the plate this morning::::
We both had coffee with coconut cream creamer, and then I made scrambled eggs with ham and cheese, toast with butter and jam, and we had some leftover Victoria Sponge cake which I made to celebrate her birthday which was on Saturday.

Right now I am::::
Sitting on my couch, I literally just saw her off and am finally sitting down to relax and get this post up.  I've had a very busy weekend, was visiting or off with family every single day.  Kinda feel bad because I didn't get to spend much time with my husband this weekend.

The weather outside::::
It is 57 degrees and we're staying in the 50's this whole week, which I'm absolutely loving. 

Looking around the house::::
It's clean and tidy.  I cleaned pretty much everything yesterday morning before my mother in law arrived so I don't have anything to do today.....aside from the usual dishes and cooking etc.

On today's to do list::::
Laundry.....I have Nick's laundry to do today, some time, not sure when but will probably be after lunch.  Everything else is washed and ironed and put away.
Cleaning.....Just dishes from breakfast and then dishes later tonight. 
Homeschooling.....Have quite a bit to catch up on with Nick, last week was just insanely busy and we didn't do any schooling on Friday.  He will be doing a lab portfolio with Curt tonight, it's all stuff Curt has done in his College Chemistry classes, so they will have fun.  
Cooking....I had a big breakfast with my mother in law, so I'm not having any lunch today.  Dinner will be Oven Baked Spiced Chicken with Garlic and Butter Red Potatoes. 

Currently reading::::
The Austen Escape for an upcoming review. 

On the TV today::::

Last night's Outlander
General Hospital.
Alias Grace on Netflix (new Period Drama and it looks fantastic)
Lore on Amazon (hubby and I have been enjoying this one)
Have two Walking Dead episodes to catch up on.

On the menu this week::::
I did not do a Weekly Meals video last week, we ended up switching meals here and there, and my mother in law took us to dinner on Thursday so, yeah, just didn't work out for me to record.  I'll try to get back on it today, so look for that video next week :)

Monday - Oven Baked Spiced Chicken, Garlic and Butter Red Potatoes
Tuesday - Pork Patties with Spices, Homemade Mac and Cheese, Salad
Wednesday - Spaghetti, Homemade Garlic Bread
Thursday - Stuffed Crust Pizza - Pepperoni and Hawaiian
Friday - Grocery shopping (will be making the new menu sometime this week)
Saturday -
Sunday -

If I have a few minutes to myself, I will::::
Honestly, no clue, I need to keep cracking on with my crochet, but haven't done much of that the past week.  So I might actually just read if I have more time to myself.

New recipe I tried, or want to try this week::::

I have been trying to be better about uploading the recipes to the food blog, last week I added the Christmas Fruit Cake recipe.  Today I'll be adding this Strawberry Poke Cake.


Looking forward to this week::::
Getting closer to Thanksgiving.  My niece is arriving this weekend and I'm so excited to see her, she's turning 21 years old AND she is also expecting her first baby.  I'm giddy with excitement at the prospect of a baby in our family next year.


Favorite photo from the camera::::
Love this time of year, we always have deer in our yard.  This one I saw on Friday, and this morning we had another two just jumping around our front yard.  Love them. 



Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses::::
"Because all flesh is as grass, and all glory of man as the flower of the grass.  The grass withers, and it's flower falls away." - 1 Peter 1:24 NKJV

10 comments:

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hey Sweetie! Sounds like you had a lovely weekend with family :) I hope your headache feels better!! I love the photo of the deer - looks just like my northwoods.

And how exciting about your niece!! Have a blessed week ahead. xoxo

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I would love to have 50 degrees here too. We are in the 40's but wet.

Shellie Almond said...

You will Alias Grace! I truly wished it was longer! Glad you had a nice visit with your Mother-in-law! Praying your head is feeling much better as well! Praying you have an amazing week! Thank you for sharing!

Kara said...

Sounds like a wonderful visit, glad you had a great time! :-)

Mrs. U said...

Hi there!!! Pork patties.. is that just like a hamburger patty but made with pork? Sounds good!!!

His,
Mrs. U

threesidesofcrazy said...

So glad you had a nice visit - family first! The deer picture is so refreshing, I'm so envious - I can't wait to return to a more rural life. Have a WONDERFUL week.

Jean said...

Sounds like a nice visit. I just pinned your fruit cake recipe, wonder if it would be too late to start one after Thanksgiving? What a wonderful deer picture. Hope you have a great week!

Rebecca Knox said...

Sounds like you had a lovely visit with your m-i-l, Sandra. Victoria Sponge! Wow! That's one I've always wanted to try! The deer picture is beautiful! Enjoy the visit with your niece and congratulations on the new baby in the family. Have a blessed week ahead! <3

Sandra said...

Thank you so much Carrie. Wishing you a beautiful blessed week too :)

Unknown said...

wonderfull post dear thanks for sharingg keep posting..
https://clicknorder.pk online shopping in pakistan