Saturday, May 06, 2017

{ Stupid shelf came tumbling down }

I am so incredibly tired and sore right now, it's just shy of 8:30pm on a Saturday night, and I'm literally counting the minutes until 9pm so I can go to bed.

Not that there's anything or anyone stopping me from doing it, but on my own accord, I can't bring myself to go to bed so early on a weekend night.  Hahah

I've had a super productive busy day, I've tackled curtains and curtain rods, carpets and patios, laundry and moved my whole bedroom around, finally, not that I hadn't been wanting to do it for the past what?  2 weeks?

May 6th, 2017

I started my morning enjoying a cup of coffee on the patio, out back.  There's nothing like the quiet morning sounds, the rooster, the cows, the birds, beautiful green trees surrounding me.

We lived for so many years on military bases and often felt like packed sardines, sharing walls with neighbors who had no regard for anyone but themselves, loud bangs and shouts and arguments traveling across to our bedroom.  And then there was the one neighbor who went away for the weekend, they left Friday afternoon and didn't return until Sunday night.   Not that I care, it doesn't bother me what people do with their weekends, but I DO have an issue when they forget to turn off their alarm which proceeded to go off on Saturday morning at 5am and continue screaming until the returned home the next night.

Oh my word, Curt and I were going bonkers LOL

So, anyway, since those days we firmly decided that when he retired, we would live in the country, in the quiet, and thanks to the good Lord, that's exactly what we've been able to do.  I wouldn't trade it for anything.

May 6th, 2017

One of my favorite scents at the moment is this cheapy one from Walmart, and when I say cheapy I mean 98 cents cheap.  I love it, it smells so good and as you can see by the above package, I'm out and need more.

May 6th, 2017

Like I said above, I had a very productive day, after my morning coffee I got myself ready for the day and immediately started by bringing down all the curtains in the living room and washing them.

And while I worked, Marley lay like this.  You don't understand how much I laugh every time I see him, it's just the funniest thing to me.

Then I had the brilliant stupid idea to switch them out, that means, the sheer curtains I have on one window, move them to the other window.  The reason behind this is that I have more of the sheer ones and they would fit the bigger french doors better than the ones I have at the moment.

Those I felt would go better on the smaller window.

So I sat and with my trusty phillips screwdriver, removed all the hardware, struggled and fought with a few screws, hurt the palm of my hand and may have made a few holes above the windows.  (no fault of my own, I swear it seems that the houses nowadays are made of paper).

May 6th, 2017

Anyway, got all that done, curtains washed and ready to go and when I went to put them on the opposite windows I realized that the curtain rod for the sheer curtains is way too short for the french doors.  Son of a gun!!!!!

I wanted to cry, but I didn't, I instead laughed, grabbed my screwdriver again and spent the next 30 minutes removing and once again installing all the hardware to the windows they were initially on.  Oh Joy!!!

May 6th, 2017


After getting that disaster taken care of, I popped in a frozen pizza for lunch.

My poor husband was hungry, and annoyed and angry.  See we have 3 acres of yard to mow, and our old second hand ride on mower decided to break today, and by break I mean it literally cracked the engine.  There's no fixing that, and there's no way we can afford a new one at the moment, so I don't know what we're going to do. 

I think next payday we are going to have to juggle some things around and try to get a new *used and cheaper* mower.  Goodness!!!

May 6th, 2017

Next on my list was the patio.  I swept the floor, I cleaned out the table, chairs and umbrella, used a can of Wasp killer to attack some unfriendly visitors around the area, and then started hanging up lights.

I didn't get far, because a wasp came right at me, so I grabbed the can, sprayed the living daylights out of it, and may or may not have soaked down our patio door in the process....oops!!!!

At that moment my husband felt sorry for me and came out to help.

May 6th, 2017

With the weather so warm and inviting, I've been enjoying spending a few moments outside after dinner, either reading or just watching Marley play around the yard.

I didn't have to spend any money on these lights because they were from Christmas a few years ago, but I hadn't used them for the past 2 years.  I was worried they wouldn't be working, but every single one is fine and this is the perfect place for them.

We now have a really cozy and cool looking patio to enjoy summer in :)

And when all that was done, I decided to tackle my bedroom and move the bed from one wall to the opposite one, move the futon around, and the tv stand and the big tv and all that fun stuff.  It wasn't too bad, until the moment that I tried to move the headboard, which hit the shelf on the wall and the stupid thing came tumbling down packed with glass candle holders, and smacked me right on the lower back.

I'm sore, I have a bruise and I can't believe I was that careless.  But, the bedroom got done which is what I needed.  We now have the fan right above us in bed which will help immensely on these hot summer nights, seeing that we don't get much of the air conditioning back in the bedroom.

So, there ya go, a productive, busy day, a few bangs here and there, a bruised lower back, a really sore palm and a tired mommy.

Tomorrow will go much smoother as I don't plan on doing absolutely nothing but relaxing with the family.

I hope you're having a good weekend so far.

4 comments:

Mrs. Chrissy T said...

I am sorry for your injuries! But reading this was quite comical because I have been through such similar things. At the time they are anything but comical! I hope you get some much needed and deserved rest!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Wow, what a busy, eventful, painful, yet productive day.

May you have a restful day today ~ FlowerLady

Mac n' Janet said...

You have a right to be tired. See if you can borrow someone's goat to eat your lawn.
I remember those military quarters and like you we now live in the country.

~Mrs.J~ said...

I am so sorry to hear that you got hurt!! I will pray for a speedy recovery!!
~Mrs. J~