Wednesday, August 17, 2016

My days....

My days

Have been filled with rain and a lot of homemaking.

It's Wednesday afternoon, just after 2:30pm, and I'm sitting down to chat a little with you and show you some pictures of what I've been up to.

Hope you're ready for a lot of pictures :)

Rain::::

My days

My days

The loud thunder roaring across the skies and thousands of rain drops washing down.  I do so love a good rain shower, when the house gets all dark and you can light candles and then watch the rain beating against the windows.

We had a bit of rain last week and have some more coming in later today and the next few days.  I'm ready for it.

My days

My days

My days

Enjoying the outdoors::::

We've been working on our yard, actually I have a bit of a funny story to tell you, albeit quite frustrating for hubby and I when it happened.

So last month we got a notice in the mail from the city saying that we need to get rid of the weeds in our yard by a certain date or we would be charged 200 dollars a day.  Quite ridiculous if you ask me.  Anyway, hubby and I were quite perplexed as our yard is mowed, doesn't look bad, there are no weeds that we could see etc.  We continued to just do what we do and figured everything would be ok.

A few weeks ago we got a notice from the post office about a letter that needed to be picked up.   When we picked it up we noticed it was from the Municipal Court, which is never a good thing.  In it was stated that my husband had to go to court on a certain date for failure to clear weeds in the yard.  Again, we were completely confused as to what they were talking about because the whole 3 acres are mowed and nothing is out of place.  Since he had to go in to the City Hall and enter a plea before the court appearance, he went and actually spoke to the city worker who not only sent the letter but was taking us to court.

Turns out, there is a WHOLE horse field right next to our house that apparently belongs to us and we had no clue.  The realtors never mentioned it when we moved in, we were never shown a map of the lot and we have been here for a year and a half.

My husband and the man actually hit it off, talked for over an hour and the whole misunderstanding was resolved, the charges were dropped and we gained a whole acre of a horse field we had no clue about LOL

My days

My days

What a blessing it is to be near family who quickly pitched in to help us get that field under control and the weeds and grass cut down.

We wouldn't have been able to do it without them.  My father in law brought in his tractor and a bush hog and within 30 minutes it was all done.  I'm sure you can tell by the pictures, that my husband had quite a good time riding the tractor around.

My days

My days

Homemaking::::

I gave my house a good cleaning on Monday.  Just woke up with determination and motivation and set right to work.  Feels so good when I'm doing what I love and knowing that I'm making a cozy safe place for my family.

My days

My days

With the rain we've been having, I made a huge pot of vegetable soup, and when I say huge, I mean huge, I actually pulled down my big pot.  I used tons of veggies and also threw in a ham bone I had in the freezer.  It was a delicious and I still have some leftover soup frozen for a quick lunch.

My days

One of my favorite soaps brands, Mrs. Meyers.  I've actually had a bit of a hard time finding the cleaning products at my commissary, I need to look at Walmart next time I go in and hopefully I can find them there.

My days

I bought these scented candle melts at one of the local farm stores.  It smells amazing!!!

Birthday gifts::::

My birthday was last week as you know, and some years we don't have the finances for a lot of birthday presents, but we always try to get something for each other, and I'm talking about my husband and I because we always make sure the kids are taken care of.

This year is a bit of a tight one so my husband let me pick a few things I wanted and I really wasn't looking for anything extravagant, just a few bits and pieces I liked.

We went by our local Booksamillion and I got a few cookbooks and devotionals.

My days

I love Stormie Omartian, she has some of the best devotionals and books around.  I was looking for a devotional that included prayers for my children and I struck gold when I found this one (after about an hour of looking through all the shelves).  What I absolutely adore about this one is that they are prayer couplets, which means on the left page is a prayer for myself and on the right is a prayer for my child where I just add their name in the blank space.  Love it!!!

My days

Also picked up this 365 Devotions and Prayers book called Grace for Each Day.  I started last night, so tonight I'll get to read Day 2 and go from there, so excited about this one too.

My days

Then I picked these up as well, oh and all of these books including the devotionals, but except for the magazine, were on the clearance marked down shelves so the most expensive one was the big Taste of Home Cookbook which was $7.  Score!!!!

I've been wanting some new meal ideas and I think these will be very helpful, I'll be using them to plan my next menu which is coming up next week :)

Skies::::

As summer starts coming to a close, I tend to look towards the skies more because they take on a whole new look.

My days

This was the moon last night, what a beautiful sight to see don't you agree?

My days

Anyway, I am sorry I have so many photos up on this post, but I know y'all don't mind.

It's now almost 3:30pm and I need to get some dishes washed, maybe watch a vlog or two on Youtube and then get started with the dinner preparations.

Hope you're all having a fantastic week so far, stay blessed :)

9 comments:

Wendi said...

Enjoyed my peek into your days!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a funny story about the 'weeded' property that you didn't know was yours. Glad it all worked out fine and that family was there to help get the land mowed.

Great books, and lovely photos as always.

Have a great day ~ FlowerLady

Christal said...

I love your posts sandra, you sound like you are back to doing what you love

Unknown said...

Hi Sandra.
Glad a to hear a funny story from you. So happy to know that you gained more land.
You have been in my daily prayers.
God bless.

Unknown said...

Hi Sandra.
Glad a to hear a funny story from you. So happy to know that you gained more land.
You have been in my daily prayers.
God bless.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Hello dear friend. Them guys do love tractors, so do I! Thankful for your family to help out.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Always love catching up with you and your cozy home my Friend. ;)

So crazy about that horse field and not even knowing it! Lol Glad that it all worked out okay though.

And I love the books you picked out!! CAn't wait to see what great cooking lies ahead and you'll have to be sure to share with us. ;)

Blessings and have a wonderful weekend. xoxo

Reshma said...

You write so well... beautiful

Unknown said...

Belated birthday my lovely Sandra. I missed your posts for some reasons. God bless you n your family all the happiness of universe. Waheguru mehar kare. Nimmie Punjab india