Monday, May 23, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday - 05/23/2016

Good afternoon friends.  I am so very sorry this is going up so late today, but I've had a bit of a hard weekend and am just trying to get caught up with housework and other things around here.

Lola had a tough weekend, she had multiple seizures which left her utterly physically drained, and Curt and I emotionally drained and exhausted.  We practically got about 3 hours sleep on Saturday night and another 3 on Sunday.   I'm not going to go into much detail, I just don't want to talk about it at the moment, and I'm sure you all understand that.

Anyway, with that said, I'm going to jump right into this week's HHM.


happyhomemakermonday


The weather outside is::::
Had severe storms around 2am this morning.  We actually had quite a few weather watches and warnings going, tornado, severe thunderstorms, hail etc.  It stopped around 6:30 am and the skies cleared up, though the wind was very strong.  Now it's getting overcast again and we have more severe storms on the way.  One thing I don't like about Texas weather, is the humidity, I hate feeling sticky and clammy.  Yuck!!!   


On the breakfast plate this morning::::
Since it's already after noon, I am currently having lunch which is just a cup of coffee, a toasted ham and cheese sandwich and a small slice of cake from hubby's birthday yesterday.  For breakfast I had my usual yogurt, granola and berries.  ot.


As I look outside my window:::
Literally my view at the moment.  I'll never tire of it. 



Right now I am::::
At the dining table in the green living room, typing up this post, finishing my lunch and taking a break before I have to move on with cleaning and getting ready for the reunion.  I have so much to do before Friday.


As I look around the house::::

This is my view to the right.....


And right in front of me.....




On today's to do list::::
Laundry....Laundry is all done, folded and just have to put away.
Cleaning....In the kitchen, Unloaded the dishwasher and already loaded the breakfast dishes and the odds and ends stuff laying around from last night.  Kitchen is all clean and swept as well. 
In the living room.... Already vacuumed both living rooms and dusted and tidied up. 
In the bedrooms....beds have been made, windows open. 
In the bathrooms....Cleaned the bathrooms yesterday so no need to do anything today.


Currently reading::::
Almost finished with my first review book.  Actually as I'm sitting here, another one just came in.  Disappearance at Devil's Rock by Paul Tremblay.


On the TV today::::
General Hospital
My Portuguese soaps
Vlogs


On the menu this week::::
Family reunion is Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday and everyone is pitching in.  I will share with you what we're having though, so you get an idea.  Anything with a star is what I'll be making.


Monday - Chicken Rice, Salad
Tuesday - Ham and Cheese Tortellini, Garlic Bread
Wednesday - Mother in law is bringing a Ham for dinner.
Thursday -Mother in law is ordering pizza
Friday - Reunion Day 1....Pasta night
Cindy's Slumgullian
Mom's Chicken Spaghetti
Salad
Garlic Cheesy Bread *
Aunt Carol's Olive Bread
Cindy's Layered Pudding Dessert
Lunch Lady Brownies *
Saturday - Reunion Day 2.....Barbecue
Chicken, Burgers, Hotdogs * (Burgers and Dogs)
Aunt Carol's Potato Salad
Aunt Carol Baked Beans
Hayley's Trifle
Smores
Ice Cream
Sunday -Reunion Day 3.....Sandwich and Sliders
Pepperoni Pizza Sliders *
Pulled Pork Sandwiches *
Veggie Tray
Banana Pudding
Butter Brickle *
Monday - Reunion Day 4.....
Indian Tacos
Grape Dumplings
Strawberry Shortcake Trifle


What I am creating at the moment::::
Working on Lucy's Cupcakes and Stripes blanket. 


New recipe I tried or want to try this week::::
The Butter Brickle is a new recipe and it looks amazing, so I'll definitely get pics of that and share the recipe with you all.

Favorite photo from the camera::::



Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::



PLEASE, don't add links to this list that are not part of the Happy Homemaker Monday. I've asked numerous times, and I'm frankly quite tired of having to remove links to other posts that shouldn't be in this list. Please be respectful of my request!

7 comments:

Simple Joys said...

I'm so sorry to hear about poor Lola! Such a difficult time when a family pet is ill. My girls' hamster passed on this week and it's been emotional for them.

Try to catch up on sleep when you can this week. I hope you have a wonderful family reunion.

Elizabeth said...

Sending hugs and good thoughts to you, as you get through this busy week and after having such a difficult weekend. Here in Mississippi, we've got the humid with capital H, so I understand how you feel, especially since I lived in Arizona for many years before moving here. But Arizona wasn't GREEN, was it and the "rivers" only did that when it poured from the sky?! So this is our gift for the rain and humidity. Take care of you.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Wow! You have some serious busy - but fun times ahead!! Your food all sounds SO good!! Blessings and prayers for safe travels for family and GOOD weather!! ;)

xoxo

Jodi said...

Praying for your daughter! I love the picture of the old truck! Hope you have a restful week!! Hugs

Jean said...

I'm so sorry you had a rough weekend! I hope your week is going better. The view out your window is just beautiful.

Row. said...

I'm sorry about Lola, sending prayers and good thoughts your way.

Susanne said...

Sorry to hear that Lola had such a taxing and hard weekend. Love that picture of the truck!