Monday, November 16, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday - 11/16/2015


Good morning dear friends, come on in and sit with me a little, I have some French Vanilla Coffee for us to share.

I don't know how this Monday came about so fast, I feel like I blink and it goes from Friday morning to Monday, my word, can time please slow down a little?

Anyway, it's quite a dreary day here today and I have so much to get done around here and not a lot of motivation, so let's see how it all goes. 


The weather:::
Cold, grey, dreary and we're expecting severe storms later today, with strong winds, hail and the possibility of tornadoes.  I'm not really looking forward to that, I love a good storm but please no tornadoes, I'm not prepared for that mess having always lived in States where there weren't any.  Praying it doesn't get that bad.

As I look outside my window:::
The wind is whipping through the trees and I see a lot of leaves falling down to the ground.  The trees around my yard are starting to look very bare, actually.  The current weather situation is making everything look so dark and gloomy and blue, almost like a scene from a scary movie.  Ha!!


Right now I am:::
Sipping the last few bits of coffee left in my mug while laying in bed under the covers where it's nice and warm, looking outside the window at the birds flying around and listening to the pugs snoring away. 

Thinking and pondering:::
On Thanksgiving coming up, I have got to get so much done.  I need to first write up a to do list, as I have quite a few things that need to get done, also need to finalize the menu and pass it on to the family members who are joining us.

On my bedside table:::
At the moment, a cup of coffee, the TV control, some Vicks, Kleenex and lotion.

On my tv this week:::
Monday:
Yesterday the family and I found a new show.  We love science fiction shows, anything like Star Trek and Stargate etc, so were quite thrilled to find Dark Matter and we pretty much did a marathon yesterday, tonight we want to watch the last 3 episodes of this first Season.
Cursed:  The Bell Witch

Tuesday:
The Curse of Oak Island
The Bastard Executioner

Wednesday:
Ghost Hunters
Expedition Unknown
Paranormal Witness

Thursday:
Heroes Reborn
Haven

Friday:
Reign
Lockup

Saturday:
Lockup
Lockup Raw
Dead Files Revisited

Sunday:
The Walking Dead

Listening to:::
The news on TV

On the menu for this week:::
Only have the menu plan for half of the week, I have to go grocery shopping on Saturday morning, Friday we will eat leftovers or sandwiches or something easy.

Monday - Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana, Olive Garden's Homemade Bread Sticks
Tuesday - Crockpot Beer Braised Chicken, Rice
Wednesday - Chicken and Hashbrown Casserole
Thursday -*out to eat*
Friday -
Saturday -
Sunday
 
On my to do list:::

Laundry - Have a full basket to wash
Homeschooling - both kids are a little behind.  Jasmine is a perfectionist and she takes her time with her lessons, which means she gets behind quite a bit, but she's pulling in straight A's so I can't really say anything.  Nick on the other hand is just lazy and hates school so it's a bit more of a challenge with him.  Hoping I can work with them and get them caught up this week.
Menu planning
To do list for Thanksgiving - couple projects I want to finish before then

Happening this week:::
Monday - Inside day, housework, baking, schooling etc
Tuesday - Rain is supposed to be done by tomorrow, I'm hoping to gather Juniper greenery to make some wreaths, gathering fire wood too
Wednesday - Housework, computer work
Thursday -  Out to dinner
Friday - Trip to base (library, post office etc)

What I am creating:::

Still working on the corner to corner, actually haven't done anything on it the past few days so tonight while watching TV with the family, I'm going to work on it more.


My simple pleasure:::
Pinterest, looking up ideas for decorating, crafts etc  

Looking around the house:::
I'm kind of getting sick of my family room set up and trying to decide how I can change it around.  It's a little hard because of the wall space, doesn't leave many options for the TV and couch placement.  I need ideas, I need help.  LOL  

From the camera:::




Prayer List:::
The families and friends of the victims of the atrocious attack in Paris.  Praying for the whole country and praying that these animals get dealt with once and for all. 

Bible verse, Devotional:::



7 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

WOW you're right Monday came in a blink of an eye! Your French vanilla would go well with my caramel mocha!

You and I are finally in the same weather forecast and I have to admit wanting to crawl back under the covers and forget it was Monday but we have major work beginning today and I pray too the weather is not as predicted which may cause a delay. Down here tomorrow is supposed to be worse than today.

We found Dark Matter this past season and are really enjoying it as well.

Lulu said...

have a lovely week ahead Sandra..

Heather said...

I love your photograph. It looks so cozy & homey!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Yuck poor Honey! I won't complain about our bit of rain if you may be battling a tornado! Prayers it doesn't happen.

We've seen some of those Oak Island episodes. They're quite fascinating, aren't they? Do you think they really have holy treasures, or other, on there??

Best of luck with catch up this week - especially motivating the kiddos! Love your cozy home and the photos you share.
Blessings on your week. xoxo

Amy at love made my home said...

I hope that you have a good week! xx

Laura {a spoonful of joy} said...

The thought of an earthquake or a tornado totally freaks me out! All we have to worry about where I live are hurricanes and blizzards.
Thanksgiving is on my mind too! I love daydreaming about menu plans for the big day!

Anonymous said...

Your header is absolutely beautiful!! It’s funny how the kids can be so different with school. My middle son (14) doesn’t like school much either, and I’m like what’s there not to like when you’re home schooled? But they don’t have anything to compare it to, so I just have to keep at it with him. I find it hard to get motivated this time of year. Love your flag pic for your devotional. Have a great week!!